Saturday, August 11, 2012

postheadericon Product Placement: Gilbert's Craft Sausages

First, I want you all to know that I have no relationship with Gilbert's nor have I been compensated by Gilbert's (although hey, Gilbert's Sausages, give me a call!).

I first heard of the sausages while I was cruising the internet looking at other food blogs.  Being from Wisconsin, these sausages caught my eye.  Gilbert's Sausage can be purchased online, but I looked and noticed they can be purchased at my grocery (Sendik's, for those in the MKE), so we decided a few weeks ago to give them a try.

Oh my goodness, YUM!  First, the varieties are out of this world.




Here is a breakdown of the varieties we have tried.

The Ouisconsin: this is our FAVORITE.  It is a beef smoked sausage with BLEU CHEESE!  Good Golly, Miss Molly these are good.

The Catalana: this is my second favorite (I think Bill likes the bratwurst better).  A smoked pork sausage with mozzerella, chipotle pepper and lime.  Nice and spicy.  YUM!

The Shebeergan: named after the iconic Wisconsin town.  This is a pork bratwurst with a hint of beer.  The best brat out there.  

The Froman: OK, we haven't tried these, but I bet they are great!  Uncured beef dogs.  

I would love to provide you with some recipes featuring these dogs, but honestly, we just straight up grill them.  As a bonus, they are individually wrapped, so you can just pop one in your lunch bag and have a dog in 30 seconds in the microwave.  

Did I mention they are fantastic?   



Give Gilbert's a try!


Photobucket

0 replies:


Sara
Follow Me on Pinterest
Tasty Food Photography eBook

Follow Me On Twitter

Reader Favorites

Topics