Friday, October 12, 2012

postheadericon Cheese Review - Saint Loup Bleu de Chevre

While I was in Cincinnati for BloggyCon, I visited the mother ship...Jungle Jim's!  If you have never been, please get there...it is a food lover's paradise.  I would have taken pictures, but Jim discourages it :)

Jungle Jim's has a wonderful cheese selection, categorized by country of origin and cheese type.  I couldn't resist - I bought several cheeses to try.  Here is one of the favorites of the cheeses I tried...


Saint Loup Bleu de Chevre

The Saint Loup Cheese Company is a traditional creamery located in the Poitou Charentes region of France.  This area is actually known for its goat cheese and butter. It is also known for cognac, truffles and regional salt.  As this area is on the Atlantic, it is also known for its fresh seafood.  I am still learning how this information influences the taste of the cheese...hang in there while I learn more and share it with you!

The bleu goat cheese I chose for my cheese tasting was one of the best I have ever had.  Seriously.  It was so creamy, it was almost spreadable.   Melt in your mouth.

This bleu is not for crumbling over a salad, this is for savoring the tangy flavor that is inherent in a creamy bleu such as this.  I hope you can find it at your local cheese shop...if not, take a trip to the Jungle in Cincinnati!

Until next time,


Photobucket

0 replies:


Sara
Follow Me on Pinterest
Tasty Food Photography eBook

Follow Me On Twitter

Reader Favorites

Topics